Thursday, October 22, 2009

God and Man In the Wild

I love great quotes. Yesterday, while attending a conference in Orlando, a special guest spoke. You may know him as the "Man vs Wild" guy. His name is Bear Grylls. He is a survivalist, showing his watchers how to difficult places, navigate terrible terrain and eat just about anything. He is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the youngest British climber (and one of only 30 British climbers) that made it to the peak and survived Mt. Everest.

In a comment about his faith and what it means to him while out adventuring, he said something very, very, very cool: "What a pleasure it is to climb the mountain with the Person who made the mountain."

Those who know me know that I'm not a great nature-guy. But, Bear's comments have given me a new vision for the great outdoors, whether at the beach, or looking down from a plane, or simply standing on the deck looking at the changes leaves on the trees that line my yard, "It's nice to be with the One who made everything I can see around me."

"The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it..." (Psalm 24:1).

No comments: