Friday, June 12, 2009

Attaboy, Jordan Fetters!

The Fetters recognized a family milestone on June 2. Our oldest son, Jordan, graduated from Central Dauphin Highschool. It was a wonderful night as we sat with family and friends in the Giant Center (Hershey, PA) to watch his class of 480 students turn their tassles and grab their diplomas. He appeared more than happy to say "Goodbye" to this phase of their lives. He admitted to me later that it was the "moment he looked most forward to in high school."

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that Jordan has reached this point in his life. It came so fast. (I was warned about the breakneck speed of a child's development). As the graduates were called name-by-name, I was flooded with memories. I coached some of them in soccer, baseball, and basketball. I watched some compete in the athletic arenas. Some I watched on the theatrical stages. Many others I simply recalled traveling grade-by-grade with Jordan since Kindergarten. I was especially proud of the four students that have known me as "Pastor Todd" since they were three years old. What a night!

Attaboy Jordan! I'm very proud of you!! I can't wait to see what God is going to do in and through your life.

Jordan with best friend, Ian Isaac

Standing with classmates

Getting his hands on the diploma

No comments: